- About Us
- VCDL Gear
- VA Politics
- 2014 Federal Candidate Survey
- 2014 Federal Survey Results
- 2014 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2014 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Special Election Survey Results
- 2013 Statewide Candidate Survey
- 2013 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2013 Primary Candidates
- 2013 General Election Candidates
- 2013 General Election Survey Results
- VA Carry Info
So-Called Gun Show Loophole
Thanks to the tireless efforts of VCDL activists, the Senate Courts of Justice Committee defeated Senator Marsh's bill SB 1001 which purported to close the so-called "gun show loophole."
And while we celebrate yet another legislative victory, it is important to keep reminding our friends and neighbors who might not understand the intricacies of the law that there is NO gun show loophole!
Any licensed dealer or person who is engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms MUST conduct the same background check at a gun show that they conduct at their brick and mortar stores. While most of you reading this consider this a given, the media and anti-gun politicians have spun the issue in such a way that many believe this is not true.
Let's be clear ... The only thing this bill would have done is outlaw private sales, provide a framework for universal registration, and set the stage for ultimate confiscation.
Thanks again to all of our members who contacted their Senators and Delegates about this bill.
Thank you for being part of the struggle to protect and enhance our rights!
Read more at The Roanoke Times.