- About Us
- VCDL Gear
- VA Politics
- 2015 General Assembly Survey Results
- 2015 General Election Candidates
- 2015 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2015 Local Survey Results
- 2014 Federal Candidate Survey
- 2014 Federal Survey Results
- 2014 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2014 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Special Election Survey Results
- 2013 Statewide Candidate Survey
- 2013 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2013 Primary Candidates
- 2013 General Election Candidates
- 2013 General Election Survey Results
- General Assembly Voting Scores
- VCDL Candidate Surveys
- VA Carry Info
VA-ALERT: URGENT! Congressional Republicans to double-cross gun owners?
Many of you may remember Richmond talk show host, Doc Thompson. He currently has a radio show in Michigan. Much like me, he gets some "inside" information from time-to-time.
He has received a communication between a friend and someone in the Republican Party leadership. That communication is troubling as it says the congressional Republicans are seriously considering selling out gun owners to "seem reasonable."
They are considering a magazine ban, changes to background checks, and more.
Here is a link to the email with redactions to protect the sources:
URGENT ACTION ITEM
We need to contact ALL of our members of Congress and let them know that NO MORE GUN CONTROL OF ANY SORT WILL BE ACCEPTABLE and that we WILL be watching how they vote on our rights !
This is URGENT and we need every one of you to do your part NOW. Feinstein is trying to rush through her gun control bill and time is CRITICAL. To be as effective as possible, let's both call and send them webmail.
As always, be polite, but firm.
Forward this email to friends, family, and put it on other gun lists that have Virginia members!
If you don't know who your Congressman is, click here and enter your 9-digit zip code in the upper righthand corner (such as 22122-2107). If you only know your 5-digit zip code, enter that and you will be prompted to enter your home address, later:
District Congressman Phone Webmail:
1 Wittman, Robert J. 202-225-4261 https://forms.house.gov/wittman/webforms/webforms/issue_subscribe.htm
2 Rigell, Scott 202-225-4215 http://rigell.house.gov/Contact/
3 Scott, Robert C. 202-225-8351 https://forms.house.gov/bobbyscott/webforms/issue_subscribe.htm
4 Forbes, J. Randy 202-225-6365 http://forbes.house.gov/contact/zipauth.htm
5 Hurt, Robert 202-225-4711 https://hurt.house.gov/index.cfm/email-me
6 Goodlatte, Bob 202-225-5431 http://goodlatte.house.gov/contacts/new
7 Cantor, Eric 202-225-2815 http://cantor.house.gov/contact
8 Moran, James 202-225-4376 https://moran.house.gov/contact-me/email-me
9 Griffith, Morgan 202-225-3861 https://morgangriffith.house.gov/contact/contactform.htm
10 Wolf, Frank 202-225-5136 https://wolfforms.house.gov/contact-form
11 Connolly, Gerald E. 202-225-1492 https://connollyforms.house.gov/contact-gerry1
Suggested subject: Second Amendment (or if no such choice, "other")
As a constituent I expect you to protect my right to keep and bear arms. Reject ALL gun control, including, but not limited to:
* Gun bans of any sort
* Bans on magazines or other gun accessories
* Taxes on ammunition
* Background checks on private sales of firearms
* Restrictions on purchase, transfer, carry, discharge, or storage of firearms
* Restrictions, burdens, or additional requirements on firearms dealers, gun shows, hunt clubs or firing ranges
* Creation of any more "gun-free zones" (we need to eliminate all such existing zones)
I will be watching your votes on gun control carefully and you will lose my support if you support any more gun control.