- About Us
- VCDL Gear
- VA Politics
- 2015 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Federal Candidate Survey
- 2014 Federal Survey Results
- 2014 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2014 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Special Election Survey Results
- 2013 Statewide Candidate Survey
- 2013 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2013 Primary Candidates
- 2013 General Election Candidates
- 2013 General Election Survey Results
- General Assembly Voting Scores
- VA Carry Info
VCDL President addresses the Craig County Board of Supervisors
At the February 7th, 2013 meeting of the Craig County Board of Supervisors, VCDL President Philip VanCleave stood to address Craig County VCDL members' concern over a proposal from the January meeting of the Board of Supervisors that a public shooting range located in Craig County be shut down.
He barely gets to introduce himself before Board Chairman Millie Harrison tries to cut him off and not allow him to speak. Craig County residents, who also happen to be members of VCDL, quickly shut down her dismissal of VCDL as an out-of-town organization.
In the end, it was another victory for Virginia's gun owners. The Potts Slope range is not going to be shut down, and the Board member who asked for that has retracted her request.