- About Us
- VCDL Gear
- VA Politics
- 2015 General Assembly Survey Results
- 2015 General Election Candidates
- 2015 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2015 Local Survey Results
- 2014 Federal Candidate Survey
- 2014 Federal Survey Results
- 2014 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2014 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Special Election Survey Results
- 2013 Statewide Candidate Survey
- 2013 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2013 Primary Candidates
- 2013 General Election Candidates
- 2013 General Election Survey Results
- General Assembly Voting Scores
- VCDL Candidate Surveys
- VA Carry Info
Gun control bills fail in House subcommittee
Last night, in a meeting packed to the doors with VCDL members and supporters wearing 'Guns Save Lives' stickers, the Militia, Police and Public Safety subcommittee put an end to a number of anti-gun bills that had been introduced this legislative session.
The bills to fall included one which would have allowed localities to ban guns in libraries, one that would have made it harder to acquire the necessary training to receive a concealed hand gun permit, and a complete ban on private sales.
Richmond Democrat Joe Morrissey made a scene during the meeting when he pulled a semi-auto rifle from under his desk and held it aloft with his thumb inside the trigger guard. I suppose one cannot expect anti-gun advocates to observe even the most basic gun safety rules.
Read more at NBC News.