- About Us
- VCDL Gear
- VA Politics
- 2015 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Federal Candidate Survey
- 2014 Federal Survey Results
- 2014 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2014 Legislative Tracking Tool
- 2014 Special Election Survey Results
- 2013 Statewide Candidate Survey
- 2013 General Assembly Candidate Survey
- 2013 Primary Candidates
- 2013 General Election Candidates
- 2013 General Election Survey Results
- General Assembly Voting Scores
- VA Carry Info
VA-ALERT: IMPORTANT: Gun bills moving on Thursday!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Some important pro-gun and anti-gun bills are being heard in subcommittee THURSDAY, January 17th at 5 PM! The most important pro-gun bill of the session (Delegate Marshall's bill to allow teachers and others to be armed - HB 1557) will be heard, as will some anti-gun bills. Let's get a big turnout to support our rights and to fight off the gun control attempts!
The meeting is being held in the 4th Floor West Conference Room of the General Assembly Building in Richmond. I will be there with GSL stickers for everyone.
Here are the bills being heard:
BILLS VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES
• HB 1326 Concealed handgun permits; firearms safety courses.
• HB 1410 Firearms; possession of weapons following conviction of certain crimes, penalty.
• HB 1662 Libraries; locality to adopt an ordinance that prohibits firearms, ammunition, etc. in.
• HB 1693 Firearms; removes specific exception for possession on public school property, penalty.
• HB 2025 Firearms; requires background check for any purchase.
• HB 2207 Sale, transfer, etc., of certain firearms and firearms magazines; penalty.
BILLS VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORTS
• HB 1391 Possession of handguns in legislative buildings. VCDL only supports AS INTRODUCED
• HB 1557 School boards; training for persons designated to carry concealed handguns on school property.
BILLS VCDL IS NEUTRAL ON
• HB 1679 Concealed handgun permit; exception retired investigator of security division of Lottery Department.
***There will be an ACTION ITEM alert in the afternoon today on these bills and some others. Please be ready to do as instructed as timing is going to be short.***
Get ready to roll later today, Thursday, and Friday!